Monday, December 31, 2012

R1P2VLCD#18 - Goosegg, but feeling good.

Have I really been at this 18 days??! Honestly, the tough days are over. I am used to this. I think about oatmeal, pancakes, sushi, french fries... and then I realize I don't really want them. I just miss different textures and flavors, and I am looking forward to incorporating some new things in P3. And to be done eating ground beef and chicken for awhile. :) New meats... that'll be nice. Today I didn't lose or gain - just maintained. Which is just fine, 163 is a really new weight for me and I am weirdly grateful to have a day or two to enjoy that number and wrap my head around it. I haven't seen 163 since 2010.

I'm embarrassed about my post yesterday, but I've been thinking about this a lot. I think it's important to strip down to the emotions. Obviously, the friend situation isn't the reason I'm overweight. But the way I cope is. I'm excited to be finding new ways to cope. And just putting things into perspective over the last couple of weeks - there are so many struggling with much worse and I should be finding ways to be of service to them rather than dwelling on my own really silly issues. That'll be one of my coping mechanisms... service, just giving to others instead of focusing on myself. I think the world needs more of that and it makes me feel good to help someone in need. I'll talk more about it tomorrow... which brings me to...

New Years Resolutions. I have just a couple, I'll probably share them tomorrow. Most dealing with wellness - mental, physical and spiritual. 2012, looking back, has been one of the most difficult I've ever gone through. And it really wasn't that bad, I'm still here and still doing just fine. I'm really optimistic and looking forward with hope and faith that we're being taken care of and that the struggles I'm experiencing right now are temporary. Hoping and praying my husband can find work this year, this MONTH if possible. This has been the biggest struggle of all - financially, supporting a business and a family isn't possible when you're trying to grow the business and keep it from burning out. There hasn't been enough to split between the two, and family has had to come first. So I've been supporting the family 100% and the business is stagnant. Which is never a good place to be. Optimistic for this new year... ready for it. I feel like things are going to get better. They really have to.

Anyway, HCG wise things are great. I don't feel snacky, I don't feel deprived, I'm enjoying new recipes and trying new things and feeling spoiled by a few new teas to drink.

Favorite recent recipe...

Grapefruit Chicken Spinach Salad
It is what it sounds like... 
100 grams sliced/shredded/diced chicken breast
2 cups spinach
Half grapefruit, cut out the sections and pop them onto the top of the salad and chicken. 

Squeeze out the remaining grapefruit juice from that half, sprinkle Stevia and sea salt on top. 

Enjoy! Sweet, salty, sour... delicious. I am craving it right now and knowing it's my dinner has me really looking forward to this evening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment