Saturday, December 22, 2012

P2VLCD#10: Very frustrating weigh in


I am really struggling right now! I am on Phase 2, I started the VLC days on Wednesday the 12th so I'm on day #10 today. I had consistent and amazing losses from day 1 of P2, I was down TEN pounds! Then, I just totally stalled. On Day 7, I gained 1.2 pounds. On day 8 I gained .2. On day 9 I stayed the same. And today, day 10, I gained 2 pounds! I am so frustrated and confused. I have read Pounds and Inches, I am being diligent with the protocol, I am watching all my family eating holiday goodies and I'm avoiding them completely. Is a gain normal at all?? May be TMI but I was excited because when I started HCG I just happened to be starting my period also, and I lost weight while during the time of the month. I just anticipated even better losses after that, because that's like the hardest time ever to lose weight. It's been completely opposite. Could that have anything to do with this gain/plateau?

I was down to 166 (and jumped for joy, holy cow!! I had gotten up to 176 during my load days! LOL) And now I'm back at 169.2, mentally I am not doing well at all today, I'm really defeated and frustrated wondering what I've done. Realistically, to go from 176 to 169.2 in a week is amazing, I totally get that -- but to see consistent gains over the last few days has me really freaked out.

Anyway, I'm sticking to the protocol more strictly today, I can see how like yesterday I had both of my grissini at the same time instead of some in the AM and some in the PM. The day before I used a VERY VERY small amount of veg. oil to grease my cast iron pan (I am out of coconut oil, which I have a firm belief is very good for us even when dieting - need to get some today). The day before that I snuck 2 small handfuls of my kids kettle corn they got from the school fundraiser and that damn beef jerky!!! So I can see that I HAVEN'T been perfect, but still I feel very concerned that my "infractions" were pretty minor - this really has me worried for phase 3!! But watching all the youtubers out there who are enjoying their success and have posted everyday so we can follow along has me encouraged, and I'm really desperately hoping this turns around. Like... tomorrow. 

My day is planned today, this is what I'm eating:

Breakfast: Herbal tea, small jazz apple
Lunch: Shrimp meat, 4.5 oz (appx 110 grams, I think), orange (in the shrimp, part of a recipe), romaine lettuce, grissini
Dinner: 96% fat free ground beef (100 grams), 2 cups romaine lettuce for taco salad, salsa and grissini
Snack: 2 oz home made dehydrated apples (just apples, no other ingredients!) We are going to the movies tonight and I'm taking these in my purse so I'm not distracted by popcorn and candies. 

That puts me exactly at my calorie goal for the day. 

I'm also going to really strive to get in my DV of water, I will actually count today - usually I don't bother counting because I always hit my numbers, I love water. But I'm curious if maybe I've slipped down and haven't been drinking as much as I think I am - that can have a huge impact on the #s. SO... counting my oz's today!!

~hcgmom87

No comments:

Post a Comment