Friday, December 21, 2012

HCG Phase 2 Recipe: Radish Chips, yummy snack!

 

These Radish Chips went together pretty quickly and were really yummy.

This is what I did, adapt to your own serving size or change the spices, have fun with them!

Radish Chips
1 bundle of radishes (8-10 radishes)
Sea Salt
Pepper

Oven to 375º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (to eliminate the need for oil, though you COULD use melted coconut oil to grease the pan with). Rinse radishes and trim tops and tails. Thinly slice each radish. I used my Pampered Chef Simple Slicer, honestly I don't know how you'd get such a thin slice otherwise but if you have a madalin or something, that'd be really helpful! Then, I dried off the slices by laying them out on 2 layers of paper towels, just to remove excess moisture. Then, lay out in a single layer (some overlap is okay) on the parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle to taste with sea salt, pepper, or your own seasonings! (I bet you could even do these with stevia and cinnamon! yummm) Bake for 10 minutes, then shuffle them around the pan a bit if you can, and flip what you can, too (for more even baking and more crispiness). Mine didn't move around a TON and they still turned out great. Bake for 6-10 more minutes, checking every 2 minutes or so to avoid burning (these suckers go from close to overdone very quickly). Remove from the oven and enjoy warm!

One radish is about 2 calories, so this whole treat was around 16 calories for me and was very satisfying and filling. Perfect for HCG Phase 2!

Happy snacking!
~hcgmom87


PS I am SO not a fan of radishes, raw... but turn them into chips and they are wonderful! If you are in Phase 3 and can have good oils, these would be even better just sprayed with a little oil first - they'd get even crisper and have even fuller flavor.

1 comment:

  1. This is old so I don't know if you'll get this, but I really enjoyed reading your post and I'm making these right now:)

    ReplyDelete