Sunday, December 23, 2012

Phase 2 Recipe: "Lasagna"

I've always loved meat sauce - never been a big fan of meat, but put it in a sauce or salad and I can enjoy it. This reminded me so much of my mom's lasagna, which we usually don't have any cheese on but if we do it's goat cheese (we're all dairy sensitive! And it's SOOO good without it!).
I just simply omitted the noodles and goat cheese, and it was divine - probably the best and most filling lunch I've had since starting the VLCDs!!

P2 "Lasagna"
1/2 cup Hunts Tomato Sauce (make sure there's no sugar, and that it's all natural - organic if possible)
112 grams extra lean ground beef
Half box frozen chopped spinach
Salt, garlic powder, pepper to taste

Basically, prepare your beef (I always have pre-cooked beef and chicken in my fridge so I can just whip up my lunches!), defrost your spinach, mix the beef and spinach together in a bowl, stir in the tomato sauce and season to taste! Super super easy and SOOOO yummy (especially with a grissini on the side!) No picture because this doesn't LOOK too super appetizing, but the flavor... very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment